Out of the Loudspeaker. Musings on music and life.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Marah

So last year at work, Keith introduced me to a band called Marah. He loved their sound, and he loved the fact that one of his track coaches would soon be hosting them live at his house. Much to my own surprise, I found I liked them too. Last year was the "music influx" year, and so I ended up not listening to Marah for a long time. Imagine my surprise when a band that I had viewed as "underground" was listed on Amazon as the 22nd most popular band of the year. Apperantly their solid underground rep had merged with the comment system at Amazon and gotten them up on the scoreboard.

We started listening to Marah at work the other day. I had forgotten how good they were. Ironically, the song that I wanted to let everyone listen to isn't available....tell me if you like what you hear though, because I'm sure we can arrange something. These two songs are from their album, 20,000 Streets Under The Sky:

Feather Boa- Marah
Going Thru The Motions- Marah

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. Time waits for no one.

Post to mine no bake cheesecake recipe if you wish.

12:32 PM, August 07, 2005

 
Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

The music isn't bad at all.

12:56 PM, August 07, 2005

 
Blogger TheIndieKid said...

Why thank you.

1:32 PM, August 07, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home