Out of the Loudspeaker. Musings on music and life.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Righteous

I've mentioned this song time and time again, but only recently realized that I could link to it. Oh, and only eight more days till my 17th birthday. My darling little sister is going to buy me another Ted Leo cd!

Ted Leo- Me and Mia

There's a story behind this song, just like there's a story behind every other song I recommend- the first time I heard this, I was in a car on the way to Greek Festival practice (for those who don't know, a drama thing. My friend and I always listened to Ben Folds, but I wanted to surprise him with some of the new music I had gotten. The only problem was that I hadn't listened to most of it myself yet; on a whim, I chose the playlist entitled "Ted Leo and the Pharmacists" because it sounded interesting. "Me and Mia" was the first song; it took all of ten seconds for me to realize how good a choice I had made.

There's something about this song that gets inside of you. You don't understand the lyrics, you don't know who Mia is, but you don't care. Your waiting eagerly for the next verse, tensed up and waiting as the tempo dictates your heartbeat. This is the pundits' perfect pop-rock song. It's got hooks, it's got style, it's got everything. Well, except cowbell. And handclaps. But these are petty shortcomings that don't really detract at all from the song. Enjoy.

7 Comments:

Blogger TheIronPirate said...

You alright? You seemed pissed today.

10:24 PM, August 03, 2005

 
Blogger TheIndieKid said...

I had, and have, a sore throat, and was immensely tired. My apologies if I came off as pissed.

5:58 AM, August 04, 2005

 
Blogger TheIronPirate said...

Thats alright. You just kinda wierded me out.

2:39 PM, August 04, 2005

 
Blogger Klaus said...

Not bad, probably my favorite of what I've checked from here... though like many indie bands they seem like they need a fistful of ritalin to my old ears :)...

12:02 AM, August 07, 2005

 
Blogger TheIndieKid said...

Awesome Klaus! I didn't really know what you would think....they're a very interesting band.

For something really funny, listen to Ted Leo cover a Kelly Clarkson song here: clicky

8:50 AM, August 07, 2005

 
Blogger Klaus said...

it didn't work :(

10:30 AM, August 07, 2005

 
Blogger TheIndieKid said...

Ack, I guess the guy I was schlepping bandwith from took the file down. Whoops.

11:50 AM, August 07, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home